Name: C.D. Meyyappan
Age: 47 Years
Educational Qualification: M.A., (Public Administration)
Address: 48, Whites Road, Royapettah, Chennai - 600014
Phone: 044-28555436, 098410-78007
1. Constant interactions with party workers at the grassroot level & organizing such workers up to the state level.
2. Organising regular meetings of party workers on matters of topical interest impinging on Local, State & National Issues.
3. Organising Membership Enrolment Camps as a regular method of strengthening the party at the grass root level.
4. Organising of Booth Level Committees.
5. Crisis Management and diffusion of such Crisis.
6. Use of modern tools of Communication.
7. Adaptability - with all ranks of the party.
8. Availability to all, at all times.
9. Maintaining highest level of Integrity & Political Ethics transcending factional compulsions.
10. Loyalty to the Party throughout my political career.
11. Group Leanings – Strictly None – It is party first, every time and always.
|1984-1986||General Secretary, South Arcot District Youth Congress|
|1986 to 1989||Executive Committee Member, Tamil Nadu Youth Congress|
|1989||Member, Chidambaram Parliamentary Constituency committee|
|1989 to 1997||General Secretary, Tamil Nadu Youth Congress|
|1997 to 2003||President, Tamil Nadu Youth Congress|
|1997 to Till Date||Member, All India Congress Committee|
|2003 to 2009||Secretary, Tamil Nadu Congress Committee|
Political Aspiration & Promise
The privilege accorded to me by the party by encouraging, nurturing and supporting me has enabled me to rise literally from the grass roots.
I led the Pradesh Youth Congress as its longest serving president.
As youth Congress President, a singular achievement was the bringing forth of a high level of visibility to the movement all over the State of Tamil Nadu.
The over three decades of my involvement in the party and the rare opportunity to serve the party, have enabled me to have a firm finger on pulse of the grass root worker.
This has enabled me to have a first hand image of the socio-political happenings and the imperative to uplift the Aam Aadmi of our beloved Nation.
This insight has made me hungry to shoulder some responsibility in the Organisation, in any capacity deemed fit by the High Command.
Any such responsibility, I promise would fuel my aspirations and desire of working tirelessly towards the upliftment of the downtrodden and the underprivileged Aam Aadmi of our beloved Nation.